Sunday, September 7, 2008

Summa, summa, summa...time

A few things I have learned this summer:

I can get away with riding home on my bike drunk without much incident. Last Friday was certainly pushing since I, again, don't remember what route or what happened on the journey. This is not something to be proud of but I feel the need to mention it just to acknowledge the horseshoe wedged up my arse lest it may come shooting out at a very inopportune time. I was informed later that I tried to start a fight, and I also fell over riding around in circles.

Always trust your instincts when you first meet someone. There's always room for improvement but more often than usual my first impressions of someone are frighteningly accurate. I used to think I was just being a douche bag but now I have some grown man who does not believe in clean underwear, deodorant, not sleeping in cat piss mattresses, or anything else clean for that matter. The second floor is slowly being contaminated with toxic gases and I fear another months worth of exposure could lead to an environment that will no longer be able to sustain life. Hang in there Davey, we won't leave you behind.

Always bring an extra shirt. You sweaty fucking animal. I sweat a lot in the summer.

University Street is fun to bomb. A route that starts at Davenport and Keele that eventually takes you down University Street (dubbed accurately as the One Love Route) is a fun mash, especially at night. There is a bike lane, lights are pretty good, and it's on a gradual downhill slope which means you get to go really fast.

Seasonal ingredients make cooking a lot more interesting. While this may not be huge news to a lot of people, I found this obvious morsel of fact to be quite inspirational. Cooking with seasonal vegetables or fruits that change quite frequently, you're forced to be more imaginative and ultimately it's more inspiring to let your ingredients dictate your style. I believe peaches are still in season as with blueberries.

I'm sure there more that I haven't mentioned yet but this will do for now.

No comments: